Data Analytics Associate
JNN Group is a Data Governance and Analytics Consulting Firm that specializes in Business Analytics, Data Security & Data Privacy. JNN Group in based in Pasadena, CA.
JNN Group is looking for a Data Analytics Associate for a 3-month contract-to hire full-time engagement.
The candidate must have strong analytical skills with an inherent ability to find, understand and work with large amounts of data and apply qualitative skills towards business process analysis.
The Data Analytics Associate role includes using programmatic methods to collect, aggregate, and normalize our client or publicly available data using statistical analysis software like R, SPSS, and SAS. The Data Analytics Associate role also implementing analysis plans under with the guidance of the Project Leader or the client and managing Tableau Server.
Due to large data points along with multiple sources, effective and efficient organizational skill is a must. This position will report to a Senior Data Scientist.
Primary Skill Set and Responsibilities
This position is responsible for business analytics activities, including Accounting, Customer, Operations, Talent Management and Business ProcessesThe Data Analytics Associate will:
- Serve as an expert in translating complex data into key strategy insights and valuable actions
- Discover business narratives told by the data and present them to other the business stakeholders, and managers at various levels.
- Perform descriptive, exploratory and inferential data analysis and data mining
- Create dashboards and visualizations to communicate the findings and business narratives using Tableau Software.
- Create advanced reports to adequately tell the business narrative and offer recommendations that are practiced, actionable and have material impact, in addition to being well supported by analytical models and data
- Manage the Tableau Server and user access restrictions
- Bachelor’s Degree with a major in math, finance, computer science or related field
- Quick learner who takes initiative, and attempts to overcome problems independently
- Meticulous and able to present work neatly and without error
- Strong skills with Tableau Software
- Strong Analytical Skills
- Experience with Business Process Analysis
- Experience with SQL, Microsoft Access, R, VBA for Excel, Python or other scripting languages
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of individual, organizational, technological, or transnational issues of national security concern
- Working knowledge of appropriate analytic methods and methodological tools in one or more of the following areas: Business Analytics
- Thorough knowledge of collection methods, capabilities, and tasking process
- Familiarity with project management concepts and principles Intellectual curiosity; creativity and innovation to go beyond current tools to deliver the best solution to complex problem
- Ability to leverage multiple data management tools to organize relevant information and make decisions
- Experience in the design, development, coordination, and conduct of research and analysis.
- Facilitate coordination of data collection and analysis to enhance program elements.
- Ability to translate complex, technical findings into an easily understood narrative (i.e., tell a story with the data) in graphical, verbal, or written form
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, and demonstrated ability to actively participate/contribute in research, filter and synthesize data, and produce clear, logical, and concise products.
- Ability to multitask and change focus quickly as demands change
- Ability work collaboratively and effectively in a team environment
- Should have familiarity with the following statistical tools: SAS, R, SPSS, Tableau
With Some Supervision
- Partner with Clients, establish professional relationship, communicate with analytics clients to understand business needs.
- Frame Problems with Stakeholder, research and construct problem frames to understand the analysis context and scope that will provide timely, useful results.
- Work in Project Teams and participate in multidisciplinary analytics project teams
- Interview Subject Matter Experts, plan and conduct individual interviews with experts to gain valid information and data needed for analysis.
- Elicit information from Groups, plan and conduct group elicitation sessions with working groups to develop and assess alternatives, uncertainties, and value and risk preferences.
- Communicate results to Decision Makers, explain the results and conclusions of the analytics process in both written and oral presentations formats
- Create Recommendations that are practiced, actionable, and have material impact, in addition to being well-supported by analytical models and data.
To apply for any of these positions, email a cover letter and your resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.